Collaborative CSR to make roads safer for children
Synergie worked with international federation “Global Road Safety Partnership” (GRSP) to design and implement a project for making roads safer for children in India.
46 kids die in India every day due to road accidents. While multiple factors are responsible for this alarming trend in India, one of the major factors is children not wearing a helmet when riding pillion. A conducive ecosystem needs to be in place to encourage children to wear helmets.
Synergie designed and implemented the project around the following pillars:
- Creating collaborative partnerships with Government, media, traffic police, Industry Bodies, Helmet Manufacturers, Paediatrics Associations etc to work on ways to keep children safe on roads.
- Organising stakeholder consultations and workshops to drive thought leadership in the area of keeping children safe on the road
- Implementing evidence-based Behaviour Change Techniques amongst students to encourage them to wear helmets.
- Designing Social media strategy to amplify the messaging
- Designing KPI based Monitoring and Evaluation of the project